Click Here FOR UKTV PREMIUM RATE COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH ALSO APPLY AND WHO TO CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES OR ISSUES WITH THE COMPETITION.
1. NAME OF COMPETITION: DAVE Competition 29th May 2014 (the “Competition”)
2. COMPETITION ENTRY: To take part in the Competition entrants must answer the following question and submit this either by SMS/Text or post:
How do they spell colour in America?
There will be one (1) prize which consists of:
(i) A trip to Las Vegas for two (2) people for seven (7) nights, staying at the Westin Hotel in a double or twin room on a bed and breakfast basis including the following:
Return economy class flights from Londonto Las Vegas (flights may be indirect), return airport transfers in Las Vegas and comprehensive travel insurance (excluding pre-existing medical conditions); AND
(ii) £2,500 cash (the “Prize”).
The Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
- The Prize winner and companion must be residents of the United Kingdom, travelling together and at least one member of the party must be aged 18 or over.
- The Prize winner will have to supply the Prize Provider with a copy of their driving licence or passport as proof of age.
- The Prize must be taken before 31st December 2015 but cannot be taken between the following dates: 11th July and 31st August 2014, 17th October and 31st October 2014, 19th December and 31st December 2014, 1st January and 5th January 2015, 13th February and 23rd February 2015, 27th March and 17th April 2015, 22nd May and 1st June 2015, 10th July and 1st September 2015, 16th October and 1st November 2015 and 18th December and 31st December 2015.
- All travel must be completed within the time-frame stated within these terms and conditions. Extensions to the validity of the Prize will not be allowed unless first authorised by UKTV and the Prize Provider.
- All holiday locations and dates are subject to availability. Travel will be subject to flight and hotel availability at the date of booking the trip. Individual supplier terms & conditions apply.
- The Prize winner must book the trip within 28 days of the date it receives confirmation it has won the Prize and at least twelve (12) weeks in advance of its preferred departure date or the Prize may be forfeited.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Provider will accept responsibility for hotels / tours / transport companies etc. being unavailable, withdrawn or amended. In the event of this, the Prize Provider will endeavour to offer a suitable alternative.
- Any amendments made to travel arrangements and/or bookings by the Prize winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier. Any such charges will be the responsibility of the Prize winner.
- Winner(s) will be required to sign & complete a winner information and prize acceptance form and to submit copies of their passports in order to enable the Prize Provider to book the Prize trip.
- Winner(s) must have access to a personal email account.
- Winners will need a credit/ debit card in order to check-in at the hotel and provide a security deposit.
- Any necessary passports, visas, vaccinations and associated costs are the responsibility of and at the cost of the Prize winner.
- All taxes (including without limitation national and local taxes) in connection with any Prize and the reporting consequence of them, are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
- There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the Prize. The Prize is non-transferrable. Once booked the Prize cannot be amended or altered.
- No alternative prize will be given and the Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter and Prize Provider reserve the right to change the Prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative prize of similar value.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is included in the Prize; however it does not cover pre-existing medical conditions and has an upper age limit of 65 years. In the event that, upon the winner applying for the cover, cover is not granted, the winner must seek adequate cover for the travelling party from another insurer. This will be the Prize winner’s responsibility and proof of such insurance will be required prior to departure. A cash contribution, equivalent to the cost of the cover declined, will be made directly to the winner by the Prize Provider upon presentation of proof of the requisite cover.
- The Prize winner and its party (where applicable) are responsible for and must comply with any health advice / regulations / inoculations required by any destination country. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the Prize winner and its party (where applicable).
- Transport between the Prize winner’s home and the UK departure/arrival point is the responsibility of the Prize winner unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions.
- Prize bookings must be made through IMS, 17 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3HA (ABTA number:Y5172).
4. SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS: All entrants must be 18 years of age or over at the date of entry and must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom. Employees of UKTV, the Prize Provider and any company associated with the Competition and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
5. SPECIAL OFFER:
Entrants entering the Competition by SMS/text may take advantage of a ‘3 for 2’ special offer followed by a ‘buy one get one free’ special offer (“Special Offer”).
Entrants who submit a competition entry by SMS/text will receive an invitation to enter the Competition a second time using the same mobile phone number and informing them that if they do they will receive a third entry into the Competition for free.
Entrants who send a second SMS/text entry to the Competition, using the same mobile telephone number, during the Competition Period will be entered into the Competition a second and third time for a chance to win the Prize but will only be charged for two entries. Entrants will then receive another text message informing them they have the opportunity to enter the Competition again, from the same mobile telephone number, on a ‘buy one get one free’ basis’. After receiving this message entrants who then submit a SMS/text entry to the Competition during the Competition Period will be entered twice, but will only be charged for one additional entry.
The answer to the Competition question entrants submit on their second entry (of the ‘3 for 2’ offer) will be submitted for the third free entry, and the answer entrants submit on their first entry (of the ‘buy one get one free’ offer) will be submitted for the additional free entry. If a free SMS/text entry is randomly drawn as a winner, it will only be valid if two charged entries (in respect of the ‘3 for 2’ offer) or three charged entries (in respect of the ‘3 for 2’ offer followed by the ‘buy one get one free’ offer) have been registered as paid by the entrant and none of those entries qualified the entrant for any other free entry, taking into account the sequence in which the paid entries were received and any other free entry was awarded. Entries over the maximum number of entries, set out in paragraph 9 below, from the same originating mobile phone number will not be entered into the Competition.
6. COMPETITION PERIOD: The Competition will be open for SMS/text and postal entries at 15:00 on Thursday 29th May 2014 and close at 10:00 on Thursday 5th June 2014 for SMS/text entries and on Tuesday 10th June 2014 for postal entries (the “Competition Period”) with the winner being drawn within 7 days of the closing date for postal entries (the “Draw Date”). Any entries received outside of the Competition Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid but you may still be charged for the entry where costs apply.
7. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be chosen at random from all entries received during the Competition Period by a closed computer-generated system and then confirmed as correct and eligible (the “Winner”).
UKTV and/or Prize Provider shall have the final overall decision over Winner selection and this decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Winners will be contacted by the Promoter and/or Prize Provider via telephone within 7 days of the Draw Date.
The Winner must claim the Prize by successfully responding to the Promoter’s and/or Prize Provider’s notification within 28 days of the first notification being sent. Failure to successfully claim the Prize within the timeline stipulated may result in the Prize being forfeited and an alternate Winner being selected, who may have a shorter period of time to claim the Prize. Neither UKTV nor the Prize Provider will be liable if the Winner fails to book and/or redeem the Prize within the stipulated time periods or cannot take it for reasons beyond our control or for any other additional expenses arising out of acceptance of the Prize.
8. METHOD OF ENTRY & COST: You can enter this Competition in the following ways:
a) SMS/text – entrants should submit their answer to the short code advertised in the competition promotion broadcast.
Texts will be charged at the standard network rate (entrants should check this cost with their mobile network provider). Competition entrants will receive a text acknowledging receipt of their entry, at this time entrants will be charged £1.50.
b) Post – entrants should submit their answer together with their name, address and telephone number.
9. ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Competition entrants may only enter the Competition three (3) times by SMS/text from the same mobile telephone number (excluding free entries as set out in paragraph 5 above). Any entries received from the same mobile telephone number in addition to this number will be discounted and entrants will receive a free text informing them that they have reached the maximum number of entries. Please note entrants may still be charged the standard network rate imposed by their mobile provider to enter the competition which will not be refundable.
UKTV reserves the right to disqualify entrants and/or offer the prize to another winner if we believe, or have grounds to believe that an entrant has evaded any charges associated with entering the competition, or in respect of postal entries, has failed to pay and/or affix the correct postal charges.
10. PRIZE PROVIDER: IMS, 17 Bickels Yard, 151-153 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3HA
11. PROMOTER: This Competition is offered to you by UK Gold Services Limited ("UKTV”). Our registered office is at 245 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8PW and our company registration number is 020702737. For all queries or issues with this Competition please contact: 0207 412 3791 or email at email@example.com
12. PUBLICITY: Entry to the Competition gives UKTV the right, without separate consent or compensation, to publicise the entrants’ names and to make further use of these in printed publications, on the Internet and in any other context for the purposes of administrating this Competition.
13. LAW AND JURISDICTION: These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.